Skip to Content

Police Shooting Lawyer Orange County


Police Shooting Lawyer Orange County

If you or someone you know have been shot by police, call our Orange County police shooting lawyer at (714) 987-2671.

Our lawyers have won millions of dollars for clients involving police shooting cases in Orange County and throughout California.

We are the best law firm in Orange County for a police shooting lawyer dealing with excessive force and police abuse. To win your case, you need an experienced police brutality lawyer and a team to investigate the full details of the incident.

  • Police brutality and excessive force are the most common types of civil rights lawsuits.
  • Police officers are trained to use physical force only when necessary. However, there are certain situations in which they use excessive force that violate your rights under state or federal law and result in serious injuries.
  • Civil rights violations can occur when police officers use unreasonable and unnecessary violence against you or someone else during an arrest, investigation or other encounter with law enforcement officials. In addition, these violations may include: false arrest; brutality; malicious prosecution; illegal search and seizure; failure to obtain a warrant before searching a person's property; failure to obtain permission before entering private property without a warrant; sexual assault by police officers on duty (including rape); retaliation for filing complaints about police misconduct; false testimony given by police officers under oath at trial proceedings such as criminal trials/grand jury hearings (e.g., perjury).

Call us today and tell us what happened. We want to help.

If you or a loved one has been injured by police gunfire, please contact our office at (714) 987-2671. We want to help you get the compensation that you deserve.

Orange County Police Shooting Attorney

Many people are surprised to learn that a police shooting is not necessarily an isolated incident. Police officers may shoot someone for any number of reasons, including simple mistakes and even intentional misconduct. If you have been involved in a police shooting, you may be wondering if you can sue the officer or police department for damages.

The answer is yes—but it's not going to be easy. You will need to hire an attorney who has experience with civil rights cases and knows how to handle these types of situations. Why? Because there are certain legal requirements that must be met in order for the case against the government to move forward successfully.

The Basics of Police Shooting Lawsuits

If you or a loved one has been shot by the police, it is important to know what your rights are and how to proceed. First and foremost, if you are not in danger from the police or others, do not resist arrest.

If possible, remain calm during the entire process of being handcuffed and transported to jail after being shot by police officers. In many cases where someone has been shot by law enforcement officers , they will require medical attention immediately following this event.

What is a Police Shooting?

When a police officer shoots at an individual, it is called a police shooting. Also known as “officer involved shooting,” this is when a police officer uses deadly force against an individual. All police shooting are the use of deadly force. Police shootings are very common in the United States. In fact, according to data collected by The Washington Post, there has been thousands of fatal shootings by American law enforcement officers.

There are many reasons why police officers might shoot someone. However, officers should never act out of fear or anger.

How Do I Sue the Police?

You may be able to sue the local police department for violating your civil rights, excessive force, false arrest and malicious prosecution. In order to do so, you must first file a government tort claim against the government entity within 6 months of the incident. The Orange County Police Shooting attorney Scott D. Hughes will also help you file a claim with the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice if appropriate.

If you are a victim of a police shooting, contact us immediately for help in filing a civil rights lawsuit against the officers and their department.

Contact Attorney Scott D. Hughes for a Free Police Shooting Consultation

If you or someone close to you has been hurt by an officer, contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We want to help.

Share To: