Skip to Content

Orange County Asset Forfeiture


If a person has been charged with a criminal offense in Orange County, California, which money or property was seized by the police during the arrest, the government may attempt to have obtain that property through asset forfeiture.

The government must serve you with notice that your property may be forfeited.  When they do, you will have 30 days to file your claim opposing forfeiture.

Your claim must be filed in the county where the property was seized.  If the property was not seized, file your claim in the county where the property is located.   If you have received a notice, you can find the address of the court on that notice.

Within 30 days after filing your claim opposing forfeiture, you must serve a copy on the District Attorney or the Attorney General’s office.    

Share To: