Orange County DUI Attorney Scott D. Hughes suggests that the best way to avoid a DUI arrest is not to drink and drive. However, if you do find yourself behind the wheel after having a drink and you are pulled over, Orange County DUI Attorney Scott D. Hughes offers the following helpful tips:
- Keep your license, registration and insurance information where you can find them without fumbling.
- Be respectful to the officers.
- Do not answer any questions about whether you had been drinking, how much you had been drinking, or where you had been drinking. Simply state, "On advice of counsel, I respectfully decline to answer any questions."
- Do not attempt to do any field sobriety tests, including following the pen with your eyes. Simply state, "On advice of counsel, I respectfully decline to take any field sobriety tests."
- Do not take the optional hand-held Preliminary Alcohol Screening (PAS) test, unless you are under 21 years of age.
- After arrest, comply with taking the evidentiary blood, breath, or urine test.
- Call a friend from jail as soon as possible so that someone can say that you sounded sober.
- Contact Orange County DUI Attorney Scott D. Hughes immediately so that he can request a DMV hearing on your behalf.
You will also require representation for your criminal case to fight your DUI charges. With a careful review of everything that transpired during your traffic stop, arrest, and BAC testing, Orange County DUI Attorney Scott D. Hughes will dispute any evidence obtained that failed to meet correct procedural methods. Orange County DUI Attorney Scott D. Hughes is very experienced with all aspects of a DUI case and can present a strong defense on your behalf.
Scott Hughes is a DUI and Criminal Defense lawyer in Orange County, California practicing in State and Federal Court.