Orange County Class Action Attorney
Get Help Fighting the Negligence of Big Corporations
Were you recently hurt due to the negligence of a big corporation? Sometimes, in my experience as a personal injury lawyer, I come across potential claims that were experienced by two or more individuals who were hurt by the same defendant. Their combined damages may constitute a viable class action lawsuit. Here are some examples of cases that might result in a class action lawsuit:
- Product liability claims against manufacturers that knew their products could cause harm
- Workplace liability claims in which multiple workers were harmed from the same exposure or process
- Data breaches compromising consumer information
- A big disaster such as an explosion or an oil spill that injured or killed many victims
When I consider the needs of a potential claimant, I look for some of the same elements that make a viable case against a defendant. We also seek information from our clients regarding their injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Sometimes those claims and injuries might be the same or similar to others in California our throughout the Country. In these case we organize a class action lawsuit.
What to Consider in a Class Action Lawsuit
In California, we want to hold corporations responsible for their misconduct. A class action lawsuit is brought against a company for its negligence or intentional harm. The intimidating part is most large corporations, including nationals and multi-nationals, have unlimited resources. They have the means to fight a person's claim for years in court, which could result in the victim never collecting a penny for his or her losses. That being said, we do not get intimidated. We organize our claims resting upon significant proof of liability and damages to the injured victims and their families. Here are some considerations for a class action claim:
- How many people were seriously injured, impaired, or killed as a result?
- Was the corporation directly or indirectly responsible for these damages?
- How should the corporation have acted differently to prevent these injuries and deaths?
- Has the defendant already offered the victims compensation for their injuries or deaths? Were their offers reasonable?
What to Look for in a Class Action Attorney
If you think you have a potential claim, please search for a qualified personal injury attorney immediately. He or she should have the financial resources to take a case to a civil trial as well as these other qualities:
- Negotiations/trial experience for similar claims
- Personal integrity
- Desire to seek justice under the law
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for victims' rights
- Ability to calculate the full value of an injury claim
- Demonstrated capacity for collaboration with lawyers representing other victims
Seek Legal Advice Today for a Class Action Lawsuit
In every personal injury claim in California, there is an applicable statute of limitations. After this date, you forever lose your right to pursue a claim against the defendant in a court of law. Some claims are eligible for more time to file because it depends on the date which you became aware of your injuries and/or how the defendant was negligent. I am Attorney Scott D. Hughes, and I am a passionate and aggressive attorney practicing in Orange County and throughout California. I have the experience needed to initiate class action lawsuits on behalf of clients and hold the huge corporations accountable for their actions. I urge you to consult a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. If you delay in your search for legal representation, important evidence could be lost in your case. You could also miss your chance to seek justice under the law. Although there is no guarantee of making a recovery, you deserve your day in court!