Orange County Attorney
Orange County Lawyer Practice Areas Attorney Profile Case Evaluation Contact Us
Areas of Practice
Criminal Defense
Civil Litigation
Immigration Law
Personal Injury Law
Police Abuse & Excessive Force
Instantly connect to our office View our legal blog Client Testimonials

Orange County Asset Forfeiture

If a person has been charged with a criminal offense in Orange County, California, which money or property was seized by the police during the arrest, the government may attempt to have obtain that property through asset forfeiture.

The government must serve you with notice that your property may be forfeited.  When they do, you will have 30 days to file your claim opposing forfeiture.

Your claim must be filed in the county where the property was seized.  If the property was not seized, file your claim in the county where the property is located.   If you have received a notice, you can find the address of the court on that notice.

Within 30 days after filing your claim opposing forfeiture, you must serve a copy on the District Attorney or the Attorney General’s office.    

Categories: Criminal Defense
Social Networking

Attorney Web Design

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. By visiting this website and submitting your information please know that 1) a client-lawyer relationship has not been created; 2) the information provided will not be confidential; 3) that no legal advice has been given; and 4) the lawyer will not be prevented from representing an adverse party.

Address: 620 Newport Center Drive Suite 1100 Newport Beach, CA 92660 Phone: 1(888)-398-0564 (714) 987-2671