Orange County Criminal Defense, Civil Litigation, Immigration and Personal Injury Lawyer Scott D. Hughes
I stand for expertise and years of experience in a wide variety of legal disciplines. Get to know me better.
Scott Hughes, Attorney At Law
- Criminal law
- Immigration law
- Civil law
- Personal Injury law
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Hughes served his country as a Military Police Officer in the United States Marine Corps. He received a Good Conduct Medal, numerous Letters of Accommodation and Meritorious Masts.
Mr. Hughes attended the prestigious State University of New York at Albany for Criminology and obtained a Bachelor's Degree in both Criminal Justice and English Literature. SUNY Albany is ranked 2nd in the Country in the field of Criminology. He then went on to complete his Master's Degree in just one year on a scholarship graduating Cum Laude.
Mr. Hughes then attended and later graduated with Honors from Western State University College of Law in 2007. He was the
Managing Editor of the Western State Law Review for 2005, and
Assistant Managing Editor of the Law Review in 2006. Upon passing the California Bar Examination, he has practiced law in the areas of Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, and Criminal Defense.
Mr. Hughes has handled a broad array of litigation matters including civil rights and personal injury. He also handles criminal defense cases and has extensive trial experience. He regularly practices before Courts in Orange County and Los Angeles County.
- 2018, Named Top 40 under 40 by National Trial Lawyers
- 2017, Attended Blockchain Academy, London, UK
- 2016, Completed Constitutional Law Course Certificate, Yale University
- 2015, Named to Southern California Super Lawyers
- 2015, Appointed by the Court on a Death Penalty Case
- 2013, Published Opinion, Shirey v. Los Angeles (2013) 216 Cal.App.4th 1 (Rehearing denied, petition for review denied)
- 2012, Named Top Attorneys in Southern California, Los Angeles Magazine
- 2011, Authored California DUI Handbook, Word Association Publications
- 2011, Attended College of Trial Advocacy, Chapman Law School, Orange, CA
2010, Attended Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles Trial Skills Conference, Los Angeles, CA
- 2009, Attended Trial Skills Institute, University of San Diego, CA
- 2008, Attended DUI Institute, San Diego, CA
- 2007, Juris Doctor Western State University, Fullerton, CA
- 2006, Assistant Managing Editor of Western State University Law Review
- 2005, Managing Editor of Western State University Law Review
- 2004, Master of Arts Degree, State University of New York at Albany
- 2003, Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Criminal Justice, State University of New York at Albany
- American Bar Association Member, 2004 - Present
- Orange County Bar Association Member, 2004- Present
- California Bar Association Member, 2007 – Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Member, 2007- Present
- California Public Defenders Association, 2008- Present
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, 2007- Present
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, 2007- Present
View the firm's profile at findapersonalinjuryattorney.com.